Rent Stand up Paddle Board with AYC!
Rent Stand Up Paddle Board with AYC
AYC Paddle board Facts and hire conditions
What is Paddle boarding?
Stand up paddle boarding, also known as SUP, is where a person stands on a board (that is similar to a surf board but bigger and more stable) and uses a single paddle to propel themselves through the water. Paddle Boarding is currently one of the fastest growing sports in the UK and around the world.
What should I wear or bring with me?
Wear clothing that lets you move and that you don’t mind getting wet: shorts and a T-shirt or a swimsuit is fine for warm weather. Bring water shoes/ wetsuit booties if you have them but most people go barefoot! In cold weather when hypothermia is a danger, you may need to consider a wetsuit or drysuit.
You should also bring a towel, sun cream, spare change of clothing (in case you get wet!) and a bottle of drinking water.
Will I fall in?
Yes there is a chance you will fall in, however this all comes down to your personal balance. Most people are amazed at how stable the boards are especially when they find out the boards are actually inflatable. But no matter how stable you and the board are an unexpected boat wake or bump from another board can still catch the best of us out!
|Are you going away on holiday or out on your boat for a day and want to add some more fun? Our Stand Up Paddle boards are inflatable and amazingly fit into an easy to carry rucksack, making them ideal for putting it in the back of your car for the day or storing in a locker on your boat whilst cruising the coast.Items Included in hire
Hire Terms and Conditions
- Payment will be taken prior to you taking the SUP board out on hire.
- We will require identification; a current driving license or photo ID along with your credit or debit card details, which we will hold until you have returned the paddle board.
- The board will must be returned the AYC office.
- Day Hire period is 24 hours and collection and drop off time will be stated at point of booking.
- If you return the boards late a fee may be charged to cover our loss of income from lessons or hiring out the board to other customers.
- You must be a minimum age of 18 to hire any equipment.
- We will only allow you to hire a board if you have adequate experience.
- We reserve the right to refuse hire of a board to any individual.
- Leasing, renting and lending of our equipment is prohibited and should only be used by the person whom has signed the hire booking form.
- All boards are checked prior to hire for damage.
- Any damage to the boards and other equipment, while on-hire will be charged for according.
- Lost or stolen equipment will be charged and debited from your credit or debit card at the following amounts.
- If you have any medical conditions we advise you seek advice from your doctor before hiring any equipment and participating in paddle board activities.
- Ensure you have correct insurance for any accidents or injuries that could arise whilst hiring our boards as we will not be held responsible for any third party claims, accidents, injuries or loss of life caused whilst you are in possession of our equipment.
- Please take the time to check tides, weather conditions and always choose a safe environment before using our equipment.
- We advise you wear the leash at all times while using the board for your safety.
- We want you to have a good time and come back to see us again, so please respect our terms and conditions they are there for your safety.
- Board or equipment damage or loss is not covered by the charter deposit or insurance.
For any further questions we are at your disposal!